Online Member Security Guidance
Electronic Funds Transfers services using ATM cards, debit cards, TYME Line, SRP Online, and Online Bill Pay have certain protections under Regulation E. You have the right to receive periodic statements and if your statement shows transfers you did not make, you have 60 days after the statement was mailed to you to tell us. You may authorize periodic or recurring automatic payment from, and deposits into, your account. You have the right to stop payment on regular payments three business days or more before the scheduled date of the transfer. Never keep your PIN with your ATM card or debit card as you may be liable for unauthorized use. You are liable for all transfers of purchases made via your card, access code or passwords that you authorize or allow. You have no right to stop payment for terminal transactions, as those transactions are immediately deducted from your account. For additional protections refer to the Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure section of the Membership Agreement.
SRP Federal Credit Union will NEVER solicit you for personal information via e-mail, text, or telephone. If you require assistance, please send a secure message by using the Message Center in SRP Online or SRP Mobile.
Online Security Tips
- Make sure you are dealing with a legitimate banking organization. Read the “about us” section to familiarize yourself with the institution.
- Limit your sharing of personal information online and read privacy statements.
- Keep your computer, and access to it, secure by adding passwords. Remember to change your password regularly and include password complexity.
- Look for the secure, locked padlock in your browser to make sure your information is encrypted. Also, look for "https" in the web address, as the "s" stands for secure.
- Only send personal and account information through secure messaging, such as on SRP Online. Never share this information using email.
- Never respond to emails or web pages that ask for your personal/financial information especially account, PIN and Social Security numbers. Legitimate financial institutions will never ask you for that information via email or by phone.
- Delete emails from unknown senders with nonsensical information, subject line typos, or suspicious links.
- Make sure you log out of your accounts each time you leave them, especially when you are using public computers.
- Cancel any credit cards that have been used fraudulently. If you need to cancel a SRP card during business hours (Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm; Wednesday, 8:30 am - noon; Thursday and Friday, 8:30 am - 6 pm) you may call us directly at 800-237-9829. After hours, please call 800-523-4175 for debit/ATM cards and 800-991-4964 for credit cards. Be sure to login to SRP Online to monitor your account for any unauthorized transactions.
- Contact SRP immediately if you notice any suspicious account activity or information security-related activities at 800-237-9829.
- Ignore the “remember my password” options on shopping and banking websites.
- Install and update anti-virus and spyware-detection software, as well as a firewall.